What Is Personal Information?
Personal information, in terms of the Act, refers to information that identifies or relates specifically to you, for example, your name, age, race, sex, health, email address, telephone number and identity number. Any information about what you buy, where you bank, and related information will also be regarded as personal information. To summarize, any information that assist us to knowing who you are and which gives us a better understanding of your preferences will be regarded as your personal information.
Information We Collect
The personal information that you are requested to provide, and the reasons for such request, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information. If you contact us directly, we may ask you for additional information such as your name, email address, telephone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide. When you create an account with us (register), information we may request includes your contact information, name, company name, address, email address, and telephone number.
How We Use Your Information
We use your personal information we collect in the ordinary course of our business, which includes to:
- Provide, operate, and maintain our website
- Improve, personalise, and expand our website
- Understand and analyse how you use our website
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including customer service
- Provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, and for marketing and promotional purposes
- Send you emails
- Find and prevent fraud
We will not disclose your personal information to unrelated third parties or third parties who we do not have business relations with.
We make use of ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimise the users’ experience by customising our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information. You can set your browser to notify you if “cookies” are to be transferred or to reject “cookies”.
Remarketing & Demographic Targeting
Take note that, in line with compulsory policies adopted by Google, we might be tracking your cookies as our website/company is currently undertaking Google Ads remarketing.
By visiting this site, you consent to that certain of our Google Ads remarketing and or other advertisements can follow you as you visit other web sites that form part of Google’s Display Network (GDN). Note that we shall under no circumstances be utilising any personally identifiable information as obtained through our Google Ads remarketing campaign in any other related marketing endeavours – online or otherwise. (Such restricted utilisation of information includes the sharing of such with third parties.) The Company shall under no circumstances use any sensitive personal information of any nature whatsoever on any of our remarketing tags.
The Company shall adhere to all of the current adopted Google policies related to remarketing or any other form of Google advertising in all of its Google Ads marketing campaigns. (In instances of possible non-compliance, the Company shall endeavour to rectify such non-compliance in a prompt manner.)
You may opt out / unsubscribe from seeing advertisements for our website, by simply clicking on the following link: http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads/.
Protecting Your Personal information
In line with the 8 Conditions for the lawful processing of information as contained in the Act), we undertake;
- to responsibly manage and protect your Personal Information when providing our services and solutions to you;
- to obtain your personal information directly from you and to process only the information necessary to assist you with a solution, to conclude the relevant and related agreements and to consider the legitimate legal interests of all parties concerned,
- to respect your right to withdraw your consent for the processing of your Personal Information as required by the Act;
- to be open and transparent and notify you as and when required by law regarding why and how your Personal Information is collected;
- to safeguard and protect your Personal Information in our possession;
- to not keep your information for a period longer than legally required.
Take note that we may need to share your Personal Information and/or utilise software or online platforms to enter and process your information for an application, claims, or business management purposes. This will be done in strictly in accordance with the requirements of the Act.
Additional information can be obtained and/or concerns can raised with the Information Regulator, with contact details as below. However, please feel free to contact us first to discuss any questions or concerns that you may have:
Tel: (012) 406 4818
Access to and Correction Of Personal Information
You may access your personal information that we hold by sending an email to; firstname.lastname@example.org. In the event that you wish to update or correct your personal information held by us, you can send an email to: email@example.com.